May 2008 Most Popular Articles
Below you will find the most popular articles over the past month. Check them out if you missed any.
- 44 Resume Writing Tips: Having a solid and effective resume can greatly improve your chances of landing that dream job. That is beyond discussion. How does one make sure that his resume is top notch and bullet proof, however?
- Cna Yuo Raed Tihs?: Today while opening my email I came across a very interesting message from a friend. It was basically a message where the letters of each word were all scrambled.
- The Vicissitudes of the Latin Plural in English: he dictionary says the word data can be treated as a singular. But strictly speaking the word is a plural. How does such a thing happen in language? You wouldn’t say, “the cars is fast”. How does a plural gain acceptance as a singular?
- Creative Writing 101: Creative writing is anything where the purpose is to express thoughts, feelings and emotions rather than to simply convey information.
- A While vs Awhile: Here’s a couple of words I use all the time interchangeably. But are they? a while vs. awhile Help me out, o oracle!
- What’s a Male Mistress?: The other day someone asked me for the male equivalent of “mistress.”
- An Englishman in New York – The Problem Of UK-US English in Freelance Writing: Some people see the differences between American English and British English as a problem. I see them as an interesting challenge.