May 2008 Most Popular Articles
Below you will find the most popular articles over the past month. Check them out if you missed any.
- 44 Resume Writing Tips: Having a solid and effective resume can greatly improve your chances of landing that dream job. That is beyond discussion. How does one make sure that his resume is top notch and bullet proof, however?
- Cna Yuo Raed Tihs?: Today while opening my email I came across a very interesting message from a friend. It was basically a message where the letters of each word were all scrambled.
- The Vicissitudes of the Latin Plural in English: he dictionary says the word data can be treated as a singular. But strictly speaking the word is a plural. How does such a thing happen in language? You wouldn’t say, “the cars is fast”. How does a plural gain acceptance as a singular?
- Creative Writing 101: Creative writing is anything where the purpose is to express thoughts, feelings and emotions rather than to simply convey information.
- A While vs Awhile: Here’s a couple of words I use all the time interchangeably. But are they? a while vs. awhile Help me out, o oracle!
- What’s a Male Mistress?: The other day someone asked me for the male equivalent of “mistress.”
- An Englishman in New York – The Problem Of UK-US English in Freelance Writing: Some people see the differences between American English and British English as a problem. I see them as an interesting challenge.
Subscribe to Receive our Articles and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our exercise archives, writing courses, writing jobs and much more!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!
4 Responses to “May 2008 Most Popular Articles”
Regarding this phrase, “On the other hand, I’ve got four pages of notes to draw on for future articles” in today’s comments on nonstandard usage, would it not be more correct or perhaps more common to say, “On the other hand, I’ve got four pages of notes to draw FROM [rather than ON] for future articles,”?
Well, if the notes are already there, you could actually draw on them right?
I love to write late at night and I get inspired by good books of good fiction. I’m reading a lot now, researching and writing everyday with an aim of being better in the end.
Looking at the world we live in, there are so many things to write about: our past, the present and what is to come. Creative writing is interesting and exciting. I’m reading the tips and simply loving it.