October 2007 Most Popular Articles
- Gross Writing Errors Found on the Web: That being said, a little attention toward correct spelling and basic grammar rules couldn’t hurt, right? Below you will find some curious, to say the least, errors that we gathered on the Web.
- 8 Proofreading Tips And Techniques: Whether you are writing a magazine article, a college essay or an email to a client, getting your text free of mistakes is essential. The spell checker helps, but it is far from foolproof. That is where proofreading comes in. Below you will find 8 tips and techniques to make your proofreading sessions more effective.
- Japanese Loan Words: Each language has borrowed from the other. In the case of English, there’s a long list of borrowings. Some of these have no direct English equivalent and describe inherently Japanese concepts. Others come from Japanese via Chinese. Here are a few examples:
- Companies Are “it”, Not “they”: A common error in modern writing looks a little like this: “Microsoft announced they are releasing a new Xbox console next week…”
- TV’s War on “Me” and “I”: Television scriptwriters — or perhaps actors who are failing to read what has been written for them–seem to be determined to reverse the functions of the pronouns “I” and “me” in American speech.
- Four Tips For Successful Web Writing: If you want people to read your web content, you have to make it appeal to them. Here’s how to do it.
- Spelling Reform and the Writer: The free and easy use of personal spellings to convey the pronunciation of the word intended by the person writing has not been an option since the middle of the seventeenth century–at least not for writers who wish to avoid having their credibility questioned.
- A “Diploma” is not a “Degree”: The word degree has many meanings, but in academic terms, it refers to a certification awarded at the university level.
Recommended For You
Subscribe to Receive our Articles and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our exercise archives, writing courses, writing jobs and much more!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!
1 Response to “October 2007 Most Popular Articles”
my friend kaled he is thirty years old he was doing masters degree in coumputer science he lives in the same condiminum where i live he has got tow sister and two brother and both of us have got married he likes music and going to the cinema he has got small car on day we went to the shopping center where he wanted to buy agift for his wife at her birthday and he saw trousers which he liked but it were too long he asked if he could have it shortened freeof charge the sales assistant said its ok then he he bought the trouser after that we went to asweet shop and he bought abox of cake and abox of desserts for his wifs birthday