Word of the Day: Rife
Rife is an adjective which means abundant, prevalent, or of common occurrence. Synonyms include widespread, extensive and ubiquitous.
In an opaque justice system rife with corruption, who you know may matter more than what you know about the law. (LA Times)
The microblogging site was rife with commentary and erroneous theories about the troublesome strain of swine flu that has sickened more than 1,000 in Mexico and at least 40 in the U.S. and appears to be spreading. (Houston Chronicle)
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the Word of the Day category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- 75 Contronyms (Words with Contradictory Meanings)
- 40 Synonyms for “Different”
- Words Often Misspelled Because of Double Letters
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!