Word of the Day: Conundrum
Conundrum (kə-nŭn’drəm) is a very difficult or insoluble problem. It can also refer to a riddle whose answer is a pun, a paradox or an enigma.
But we have heard a lot less about these debt-market disciplinarians in recent years. Instead, bond yields have been puzzlingly low, a conundrum that taxed even Alan Greenspan, the former Federal Reserve chairman. (The Economist)
Keeping employees satisfied and productive is the age-old management conundrum on which the experts rarely agree. The prestige/satisfaction link is no exception. (USA Today)
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the Word of the Day category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- 10 Grammar Mistakes You Should Avoid
- "Certified" and "Certificated"
- 8 Great Podcasts for Writers and Book Authors
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!