Word of the Day: Brisk
Brisk is an adjective that refers to something marked by speed or energy. A brisk tea, for instance, is an invigorating tea. If you walk briskly, you are walking fast or vigorously.
The sound of her iron shoes upon the hard road was quite musical, as she came along at a much brisker trot than usual. (Charles Dickers – Great Expectations)
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the Word of the Day category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- When to Use “That,” “Which,” and “Who”
- Peace of Mind and A Piece of One's Mind
- Empathic or Empathetic?
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!