September 2007 Most Popular Posts
- Latin Words and Expressions: All You Need to Know: Even though Latin is considered a dead language (no country officially speaks it), its influence upon other languages makes it still important. Latin words and expressions are present in virtually all the languages around the world, as well as on different scientific and academic fields.
- The Freelance Writing Jobs I Avoid: The convenience of the Web has made freelance writing more convenient. Jobs are easier to find, but rejection letters can arrive much more quickly! The Web also has opened up a new range of business practices, some good, some bad. Here are the types of freelance writing jobs that I steer away from, if possible, having tried most of them.
- Punctuation Errors: Multiple Punctuation Marks: The exclamation mark, the ellipsis and the question mark have clear roles inside the English language, and you should trust them. Increasing the number of exclamation or question marks at the end of a sentence might appear to increase the overall emphasis, but in reality it just makes your text ugly and informal.
- Six Rules for Making Subjects and Verbs Agree: If you want to write proper English, you have to follow a rule called “subject-verb agreement.” That means that if the subject is plural (ducks), then the verb needs to be plural (quack). If the subject is singular (duck) then the verb needs to be singular (quacks).
- “Forte” or “Fortë,” “Cache” or “Cachet”?: How many times have you heard people say something is not their “forte” and pronounce forte as /for tay/?
- Writing and Selling Your Mystery Novel: Some novelists like to begin with a blank page and see where their thoughts take them. This approach may be good enough to get started, but if it’s a mystery you want to write, sooner or later you’ll need a plan.
- The Art Of Writing News: News writing is a key skill for journalists, but it helps with other types of writing as well. That’s because news writing is about telling a story quickly and concisely. Anyone can learn to do this, with a bit of help. Here’s how you can write the news and get your story across. The technique also works well for writing press releases.
Subscribe to Receive our Articles and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our exercise archives, writing courses, writing jobs and much more!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!
6 Responses to “September 2007 Most Popular Posts”
I basavaraj I want to learn in english because my english is not good.
Hello sir, I am Basavaraj i want speak with easiy in english and write in english translate. how make tell me.
I want to speak with them. I want to imrpove my english and i want to make write sentence and translation in english.
I want to speak easiy in other people.
How make i improve please upi tell about that.
Give me the tip
Hoe can i learn english
i want to learn english becasue my english is not good.