Come Participate in the DWT Poetry Competition
I am pretty sure we have many poets and wanna-be poets among our readers (not to mention the ones who just like to read poetry), so it was about time to run a DWT Poetry Competition.
First of all here are some good reasons for you to participate:
- The winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift card.
- The three runners-up will receive a free license for the Fanurio billing software.
- You’ll get people reading and giving feedback on your poems.
Are you in? Good, now just read the rules:
- The deadline for the submission is the 1st of March 2010 (midnight GMT). Submissions must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Send your poem either in the body of the email, or as a .doc attachment)
- The poem must be in English, original, and must not have been published in the past.
- By taking part on the competition you allow us to publish your poem online (it will stay on the blog even after the competition). But you retain all the publishing rights over the material.
From March 2nd onward we’ll publish a batch of poems every Tuesday, and our readers will be able to vote on their favorite poems, until we elect the winner.
It is time to reveal the Robert Frost or the Emily Dickinson you have inside!
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the Writing Competitions category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- Using "a" and "an" Before Words
- Latin Words and Expressions: All You Need to Know
- 5 Tips to Understand Hyphenated Words
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!