It’s A Great Time to be a Freelance Writer!
Technology certainly created a period of prosperity for writers all around the world. Before the advent of the Web making money as a freelance writer was relatively difficult, because you had a limited number of local publications to work with. Today, on the other hand, there are literally tens of thousands of publications online, on all sorts of niches, and writing for one of them is sometimes just a matter of reaching out with an email!
As companies discover that content marketing (i.e., publishing content that will attract and engage new customers in a natural way) can be much more effective than traditional advertising, the demand for writers who can create such content is only increasing.
If that was not enough, every day new platforms emerge, and those will also need content. For example, we are currently seeing the rise of chat bots, which are automated software robots that can chat with human users, providing a wide range of services and enterteinment. Guess what, companies that develop or employ those chat bots will need writers to create the messages and information that will be sent to users!
As you can see, there are many opportunities available right now. If the idea of becoming a freelance writer sounds intriguing, you should definitely join our Freelance Writing Course. We run it twice a year, and the second edition of 2016 is opening for enrollment today.
The course aims to give you all the information and tools you need to get started writing online. It lasts for six weeks, covering the following modules (one per week):
1. Writing Productivity: You’ll learn how to become a prolific writer, which is essential if you want to make money writing.
2. Building an Online Presence: Setting up a website is not enough these days. You need to know how to promote it and how to reach the right people online.
3. Writing for the Web: Freelance writing is changing, and this module focuses on the differences you’ll face while freelance writing for websites and online publications.
4. Finding Clients: Probably the most important module. Here you’ll learn where and how to find your first clients, and how to obtain high-paying writing gigs over time.
5. Running a Writing Business: Freelance writing is like any business, and as such you’ll need to manage it efficiently if you want to increase your earnings over time.
6. Social Media: In this module you’ll discover tactics you can use to leverage social media sites to boost your career.
Over 1300 students already took the course in the past, and the feedback we receive is always great. Click here to get all the details and enroll!
Subscribe to Receive our Articles and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our exercise archives, writing courses, writing jobs and much more!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!