Grammar Test 1 Answers
1. ______ shall I say is calling?.
2. ___ hour ago we met ___ history teacher.
Answer: an / a
3. Sentences can be broken down into:
4. Charles and ___ are attending the conference.
5. Homophones are:
Answer: two or more words that share the same pronunciation but have different meanings
6. He was not thinking well __ that occasion.
7. Love, courage, and childhood are examples of:
Answer: abstract nouns
8. Microsoft announced ________ releasing a new product next week.
Answer: it is
9. We need three _______ and two _______ for the soup.
Answer: fungi / potatoes
10. Adverbs can modify:
11. The boy _______ threw the ball was blond.
12. Those are all prepositions, except:
13. The other boys or Henry ____ to blame.
14. The two types of adjectives are:
Answer: attributive and predicative
15. The cat has ___ the canary.
16. Which of the following is NOT an article:
17. Chairs _______ don’t have cushions are uncomfortable to sit on.
18. Those are all coordinating conjunctions, except:
19. Which of the following is NOT a type of incomplete verb:
Answer: intransitive verb
20. This will be just between you and ___ .