Spelling Test Exercise (689)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. His cantankerous attitude is a hindrance to his success.
2. Running around in a rambunctious frenzy, he bumped his head against a wall and lost consciousness.
3. Heading toward the produce section, she picked out broccoli and a cantaloupe.
4. There has been a quantifiable increase in algae in the reservoir.
5. The city’s libraries contain an aggregate of some 300,000 volumes in seven separate buildings.