Spelling Test Exercise (402)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Advocates for the legalization of marijuana contend that its use is comparable to that of alcohol and therefore should be taxed and made available to consumers.
2. Scientists fear that arctic ice has entered an irreversible phase of warming which will accelerate the loss of the polar sea ice that has contributed to keeping the climate stable for millennia.
3. An extremely significant fact that eludes consumers who make a point of buying the latest and best of housing, clothing, appliances, furniture, and electronics is that the maintenance of multiple possessions is a cost that is rarely worth the expenditure.
4. Many people are unaware that the founding of the Christian religion preceded the founding of Islam by about 600 years.
5. Homegrown tomatoes plucked from the vine usually have a better flavor than those that have been shipped to grocery stores.