Pronouns Exercise (365)
Choose the correct form of the pronoun that belongs in each blank.
Answers and Explanations
1. The fight broke out when Alisha accused Dwayne and him of taking her phone.
"Him" is the direct object of the verb "accused."
2. Prosecutors say he and his wife are barely on speaking terms.
"He" is the subject of "are."
3. The inexperienced scoutmaster admitted that he had lost his troop and himself in the woods.
As the pronoun "he" has already been used as the subject of the verb "had lost," the next mention of the subject requires the reflexive form, "himself."
4. The actor playing the math genius glared at the detective and demanded, "Who shall I say interrupted my important work?"
"Who" is the subject of the verb "interrupted." "I" is the subject of the verb "shall say."
5. The estate was divided equally among my sister, my cousin, and me.
"Me" is the object of the preposition "among."