Spelling Test Exercise (349)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Of all the delightful vegetables available in the American diet, broccoli is the one that receives the most ridicule in the media.
2. If she can pass her last examination and prove that she does not have a criminal record, Meredith will be able to apply for a license to drive a 14-wheeler.
3. No matter what kind of musical composition we are asked to play--whether classical or popular--we always manage to get the rhythm just right.
4. American playwright Eugene O’Neill (1888-1953) did not hesitate to put vernacular English in the mouths of his characters; most of his plays are tragic and pessimistic.
5. Three human diseases known to be associated with pigeon droppings are histoplasmosis, cryptococcosis, and psittacosis.