Spelling Test Exercise (283)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. These days even when job candidates possess credentials that include advanced degrees, there’s no guarantee that they will have mastered standard English usage, pronunciation, and vocabulary.
2. The books I would find indispensable on a desert island would be the Complete Works of Shakespeare, the King James translation of the Bible, and– indubitably–the Oxford English Dictionary on Etymological Principles.
3. My magnificent recipe for strawberry daiquiris is so delicious that you will absolutely love it, with or without the Madiraa rum from India.
4. Because I work nearly every hour of the day, it is difficult to speculate as to what my favorite pastime would be, but I suppose that it would have something to do with horticulture or bibliophilia.
5. An editorial on the subject of the continuing concept of tyranny that prevails in Europe, as epitomized by the Russian president’s policy towards Ukraine and the Crimea, heaped contumely on several "European" flaws.