Spelling Test Exercise (265)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Her anxiety arose from the unfortunate fact that Heathcliff was given to changeable moods that resulted in either lengthy intervals of sullen silence or sudden and violent outbursts.
2. Edward Jenner is credited as being the Father of Modern Immunology because of his work to inoculate people against smallpox in the 18th century.
3. The ancestor of the modern horse, eohippus, stood 12-15" at the withers; the modern miniature horse stands no more than 35" at the withers.
4. As a master craftsman, Herr Feinstein took his work so seriously that he only occasionally allowed his apprentices to take on the more challenging tasks.
5. One type of reader likes to expand on a blogger’s original post by launching an extemporaneous digression on some totally irrelevant topic of discussion.