Spelling Test Exercise (243)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. The devoted butler did all he could do to accommodate his master, often to the detriment of his own emotional requirements.
2. In this supposedly secular and technological era, millions of Earth’s inhabitants retain a belief in the existence of the old gods of Greek and Norse mythology.
3. One of Dr. Johnson’s idiosyncrasies was the habit of touching the tops of fence posts and, although he possessed numerous affectionate friends and admirers, few wished to lend him books.
4. Accountants have been advised that HM Revenue and Customs could supersede the insolvency law with new bank raiding powers.
5. Rose’s romantic paramour swore on sun, moon, and the very firmament itself that he would remain faithful wherever fortune might lead him in his new assignment as the king’s troubadour.