Some and Any Exercise (210)
Choose the appropriate word to fill the blank in each of the following sentences.
Answers and Explanations
1. There’s some honey in the cupboard.
Use some for uncountable nouns in a positive sentence.
2. Do you have any milk left?
Use any for uncountable nouns in a question.
3. The pieman asked Simple Simon if he had any money.
Use any for uncountable nouns in a question in reported speech.
4. Did you check out any books from the library this week?
Use any with a plural noun in a question.
5. The clerk says he hasn’t any more copies of the issue you want.
Use any in a negative statement.