Prepositions and Adjectives Exercise (153)
There are no reliable rules for deciding which preposition goes with which adjective. Read the following sentences and choose the standard adjective-preposition combination.
Answers and Explanations
1. The new Lady of Manderly was not accustomed to telling servants what to do.
2. The new employees were extremely excited about the promised bonuses.
The often heard "excited for" is still considered nonstandard.
3. Children should learn very early to be kind to animals.
4. When the jury returned, the defendant was found innocent of all charges.
5. Now that you are Master of the Hounds, you will be responsible for all the expenses involved in the care of the pack.