Spelling Test Exercise (148)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Dog parks are popular with many pet owners, but caution is advised in their utilization as aggressive dogs that have not been taught basic obedience may present a danger, especially to smaller dogs.
2. We watched over the accident victim until the ambulance arrived, but we couldn’t tell if she was conscious or not.
3. The magician or, as he preferred to be called, the prestidigitator, made so many things disappear that we lost track.
4. Several of the volunteers had gathered closer to the daïs, waiting for the Mayor to step forward, take his place behind the lectern, and begin the promised awards ceremony.
5. The philosopher Thales, dubbed "the Father of Science" for refusing to accept various supernatural, religious or mythological explanations for natural phenomena, proclaimed that every event had a natural cause.