Pronouns Exercise (138)
Complete the following sentences with the correct pronouns.
Answers and Explanations
1. I can’t come because the kids and I promised to take Mom to the movies today.
"The kids and I" is the subject of promised. The subject form I is required.
2. Sallie and I volunteer at the animal shelter because we can’t keep a pet in our apartment.
"Sallie and I" is the subject of volunteer. Myself is not a subject pronoun.
3. Do you know why Jack and he changed their minds?
The subject form he is required as the subject of the verb changed.
4. Old Mrs. Barnaby was always nice to us kids in the neighborhood.
The object of the preposition to is "us kids." We is incorrect because it is a subject form.
5. Whoever used the kitchen last did not take out the trash.
Whomever is an object form. The subject of the verb used requires the subject form Whoever.