Spelling Test Exercise (114)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling (in American English) for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Some people think that lack of integrity in a politician’s private life is a different matter entirely than the kind of integrity expected in his public life.
2. The speaker suggested that although cultural diversity is seen as a good thing in a formerly heterogeneous nation, he believes it will be a long time until his countrymen agree with him.
3. The man’s pretentious behavior, which exhibits itself in every situation he finds himself, may lead to his dismissal as dean.
4. A tremendous typhoon occurred shortly after midnight, striking the mainland and devastating miles of seacoast.
5. He pretends to be an honest man fighting against corruption in government, but in my opinion he is definitely a hypocrite.