I've not always been a freelance writer.
When I finished college, I did what I thought was the "normal" thing. I looked for an office job, and found one in technical support. I knew it wouldn't be my dream job, but I didn't see any other option. Freelancing didn't even cross my mind.
Fast forward a year and a half, and I wasn't just bored - I was unhappy and stressed. I wanted to leave, and I started applying for other jobs – but I knew they would be more of the same, so nothing would really change.
Then one day I came across a website talking about freelance writing on the Internet.
The idea seemed intriguing, as I had always loved writing. I went on to read more about freelance writing, and decided to give it a shot.
I started contacting editors and applying for jobs, and within a couple of weeks I landed my first client. Then another one, and another one. Remember I still had my full time job, so I needed to get up before 6 am every day to get my writing done. Sometimes I would even stay up late to finish everything.
But guess what... I was loving it!
Writing for clients was more entertaining and rewarding than my day job...
And that's why I didn't mind the extra work-load. Sure, eventually I would need to stop doing either one or the other, but if I could choose I knew I would stick with freelance writing.
Long story short, I kept getting more clients and writing as much as I could, and within eight months I was generating a full time income from freelance writing. That is when I decided to quit my job.
Looking back it was the best decision I could have made. I went from being frustrated and stressed with my old job to waking up excited and eager to start working every single day.
On top of that I realized that the lifestyle you have as a freelance writer is priceless.
I can work from anywhere, any time, and choose the projects I take. In fact recently I turned one of my dreams into reality: I enrolled in a graduate school, and thanks to the flexibility of freelance writing I could study for my Master's degree and work at the same time. Some weeks I would work as few as 10 hours and still manage to pay all my bills.
Ah, and did I mention that being your own boss rocks?
But why am I telling you all this? Because I truly think that freelance writing online is a great career, and if you like to write, you're certainly qualified to pursue it!
My 6-Week Course Will Give You All The Information You Need To Start Making Money Writing Online
The beauty of freelance writing online is that almost anyone can do it. All you need is a word processor, an Internet connection, and a passion for writing. You don't even need to be a great writer. As long as you can write clearly and without grammar and spelling mistakes, you are qualified for most jobs.
That being said, getting started is not easy. If you don't know where to find writing jobs, how to handle clients, what online tools to use and so on you'll probably never make a cent from your writing, let alone start a new career.
The goal of this course is to give you all the information and tools you need to make a smooth transition into your freelance writing career.
I want to show you how to make money freelance writing!
That is why the course is broken down into six modules. On each module you'll have access to information relative to a freelance writing topic or one involving some aspect of doing business online, as well as a list of actions to take. In other words, I'll do my best to get you moving in the right direction and actually implementing the things I'll teach you.
Below you'll find the content covered in each of the six modules of the course.
The 6 Modules of the Course
Module 1: Increasing Your Writing Productivity to Multiply Your Profits
If you want to make a living writing you'll need to learn how to write efficiently and prolifically. Fortunately there are many tips and strategies you can use for this purpose.
In the first module you'll learn:
- 10 tips and tricks you can use to beat writers block even when writing is the last thing you want to do.
- Why establishing a writing routine is vital for freelance writers, and how you can do it.
- The single writing principle that will radically improve your productivity.
- How to research, write and edit your pieces quickly and efficiently, to make sure you'll meet all your deadlines.
Module 2: Website Setup, Promotion and Guest Blogging
In the second module we'll cover the foundations that any online freelance writer should have. This involves getting your online presence (a website or blog) up and running, and learning how to promote it and land writing jobs as a result.
In the second module you'll learn:
- How to set up a website or blog easily and without spending a fortune.
- What sections you should include in your website to make sure it will support your freelance career.
- How to promote your blog or website effectively, driving hundreds of visitors to it every day.
- Why guest blogging is a must for freelance writers, and how you can land dozens of published guest posts.
- How to find blogs accepting guest posts, how to contact the owner and how to troubleshoot if things go wrong.
Module 3: Writing Content For The Web, A Totally Different Beast
Writing for the web is totally different from writing for print publications. In the third week I'll explain what those differences are, and how you can leverage them to get an edge over other freelance writers.
In the third module you'll learn:
- The seven principles of writing great web content.
- What a linkbait is, why it can be enormously profitable, and how you can write one.
- The single most important factor of online articles, and how to get it right.
- Why branding is essential for freelance writers, and how you can develop yours.
- The basics of search engine optimization, and how you can easily apply it to your writing if clients ask for it.
Module 4: Finding Clients and Developing High Paying Jobs
The fourth module of the course is all about finding clients who will pay you for your writing skills. I'll explain where you can find them, and how you can structure your relationships to develop high paying gigs over time.
In the fourth module you'll learn:
- How to leverage your existing online relationships to find paying clients.
- Strategies to use job boards effectively to find writing jobs.
- What freelance job hubs are, and how you can use them to find more clients than you'll be able to handle.
- Content mills, and how they can complement your freelance writing income whenever you need extra cash.
- How to structure your client relationships and select the jobs which will keep your rates going up and up.
Module 5: Running A Freelance Writing Business Efficiently
If you want to take your freelance writing to the next level you'll need to treat it like a real business. In this section of the course I'll talk about the tools you can use for this purpose, and about the general business principles you should follow.
In the fifth module you'll learn:
- How to communicate with clients and deliver your work efficiently.
- The writing and business tools you can use to make your life easier, including online resources and websites.
- How to set and respect deadlines, which is essential for the success of any freelancer.
- The best way to receive payments online, and the tricks involved with using these services.
- How to handle invoices, contracts and related paperwork.
Module 6: Using Social Media To Promote Yourself and Land More Writing Jobs
Social media is an essential part of any marketing plan these days, and as an online freelancer you simply must use it.
In the sixth module you'll learn:
- How to use Twitter, gain followers and build conversations that lead to paying jobs.
- How to promote yourself on Facebook, including the creating of fan pages and paid promotional options.
- How to use LinkedIn to establish yourself as an expert and network with potential clients.
- What social bookmarking sites are, and how you can use them to promote your work and charge clients more.
And There Is More... I Have Some Exciting Bonuses To Give You Right After You Join
Below you'll find a list of bonuses you'll receive right after signing up. They all complement what you'll learn during the course. More bonuses will be added over time, and you'll receive them too, at no extra cost.
Bonus #1: "100 Writing Mistakes to Avoid"
One of the fastest ways to improve your writing skills is to free yourself from the most common English mistakes: things like exchanging less with fewer, misspelling its as it’s, using myself when you should use me, or placing commas where they are not supposed to be. This book will clear up 100 common mistakes for you, including grammar, spelling, punctuation and usage errors.
Bonus #2: "Basic English Grammar"
Understanding the English language parts of speech (e.g., nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, prepositions and conjunctions) and the grammar rules for using them is essential for writing clearly and effectively. This ebook aims to provide a refresher about those concepts, in a simple and easy to understand fashion. Inside you'll also find special cases and examples to illustrate the points made and to make common confusions clear.
Bonus #3: "Make Money Blogging"
Written by Daniel Scocco, founder of Daily Writing Tips, this ebook covers everything you need to know to create a successful and profitable blog or website. As a writer, you'll be able to use the techniques explained here to make money with your blog, as well as to use your website to promote your writing services and land more clients. If you want to make money writing online, this book will put you in the right track.
Over 1200 Students Already, And Here's What Some of Them Said About the Course...
I know that facts speak louder than words, so let me share with you what some of our past students said about the course (if you want to email any of them just let me know and I'll make it happen!):
I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed the online course. I have been researching content on how to establish a freelance writing career since earlier this year and your course provided information that I just haven't been able to find anywhere else. Thanks for taking the time to develop this in a straight-forward and manageable fashion.
What you supplied has far exceeded my expectations, both in content and value for money. I congratulate you on a job well done.
I want to share with you how much I enjoyed and benefited from the Freelance Writing Course. There are two things in particular that made the course beneficial for me. The first one was the private forums and your active participation in them. Second was the fact that I could work through the course materials at my own pace. I should also mention that you guys definitely deliver more than you promise. The bonus materials that you made available are quite valuable.
The course has jump started me into action. It has been a huge learning curve for me. Now I am blogging and this course has opened my eyes to the potential of blogging for a freelance writer! I found all the lessons helpful and practical, and help was always at hand in the private forum. The course is great value for money and I am motivated to move into gear now, something that I have not been in a while.
I find that your course gave complete value for money, which very seldom happens elsewhere. The technical tips were great, necessary and very helpful, of course. What I liked most however, is that although I had a lot of questions, very few I had to actually raise myself because other people (not the same ones each time) raised them first at the private forums. This caused me to realize that there were many other would-be writers in the same position that I was in: wanting to write, hoping to make a living from writing but not sure how to go about it.
The course was a delight to follow. The lessons covered all the topics I was looking for (and more) - and they were succinct and full of gems. I am now much better equipped to start on this new venture.
I really enjoyed the course. The lessons were well structured and had realistic, yet challenging objectives to meet, and this helped me absorb the content of the lessons. There is a lot to pack into six weeks, but I view the course as a much longer term investment in helping me establish a writing career and brand to help with my overall success.
Thank you for the course! It was more than worth the price tag. I actually remember thinking: "They could be charging so much more for this." Why? Because there are thousands of websites and books with advice about freelance writing, blogs, content mills or running a business - but I haven't found one with such comprehensive look at everything, with the action steps to take me from dabbling to professional! This really helped me see all of the avenues I have open and choose the ones that are going to give me the biggest pay off - in money and experience - right now. Thanks again!
If you've been writing for a while as a hobby, this course will teach you the steps needed to take it further, into running your own business. With Ali's writing skills and Daniel's business acumen, you're really learning from people who have experience. The bonuses and private forum alone are worth the cost.
Your course is amazing. What I have learned so far has been very helpful and I have looked ahead at what is still there and I am amazed at the depth of knowledge you have given me. The downloadable books are a big bonus. I know this course will be the best help I could ever find to becoming a freelance writer.
I have enjoyed this course and want to thank you. The course was a challenge for me and I am still working on finishing some of the prior weeks' lessons, but I like being able to work at my own pace. The topics, organization and bonus material provided a much needed boost to my potential success!
I've already launched my own blog (which even has its own followers already!) and had a guest post published on a well respected writing blog, both of which I'm sure I wouldn't have achieved without this course. It's provided the launch pad for my freelance writing career!
I was very excited when I heard from Ali and Daniel about this course, and since I was just starting out as a freelance writer. I needed as much knowledge as possible from someone who's been there already. My favorite aspect of the course is the one that talked about managing your time effectively, and keeping track of your finances. Ever since taking the course, I've been able to keep track of my expenses and manage my finances, and as a result my income grew a lot.
Half way into the Freelance Writing Course my first guest article on an A-list blog was posted. I have since submitted two more, both accepted. I know I never would have submitted them if I hadn't done the course. It gave me the push I needed without the pressure of deadlines or exams! Though the course is text based, there's an interactive forum for comments and questions to which Ali and Daniel respond in a timely and encouraging manner. I also love that the access never expires and I can go over the resources whenever I like.
This is the most complete course I have seen around. It starts from the basics, covering topics like increasing your writing productivity and researching online, and then it explains exactly what steps you need to take to promote and sell your writing online. It's probably the only investment you need to make to start a freelance writing career.
You Have 60 Days To Decide If
The Course Is Right For You, And
If It's Not I'll Refund 100% Of
Your Money, No Questions Asked.
You've read that right. My course lasts 6 weeks, and yet I am giving you an 60 days money-back guarantee. How come? Because I want you to take the whole course and only then decide whether or not it's right for you.
I am sure that within the 60 days you'll find that your freelance writing career is on the right track and that the course was well worth the money you paid for it. If for any reason you don't share this opinion, however, just send me an email and I'll refund your payment on the same day.
Join Now For A Single Payment of $97 And Get Immediate Access
Don't you hate it when websites and courses won't even tell you the price? It's like they're hiding it so it won't scare you. That's not the case here.
I'm confident about the value of my course. Just consider that I charge $100 for a single hour of coaching for aspiring freelance writers. Through this course you'll get six weeks of my expertise for less than that. Additionally, there are no recurring payments, no hidden fees, no upsells or anything like that. You make a single payment of $97 today and you get access to the whole course. As simple as that.
This price covers all the resources listed above, so there are no extra charges or hidden fees. On the next page you'll choose your username and password, and then you'll be transfered to Paypal, to make your payment with 100% security. If you don't have a Paypal account yet you'll need to create one, but this takes 2 minutes.
Got Questions? I Have Answers
- Are there any requirements to join? What if I am not a great writer or don't have technical skills?
- The only requirement is a passion for writing. You don't even need to be a great writer. As long as you like to write and know the basic grammar rules you are already qualified for most jobs. In fact you also don't need any technical knowledge whatsoever. As long as you know how to browse the Internet, how to send email and how to use a word processor you are good to go.
- When exactly does the course start, and when does it end?
- The material of the course will be immediately available, and this means that you will be able to choose your own pace to follow the lessons. You are expected to read some lessons every week and to complete a list of assigned tasks. The more effort you put into the recommended activities, the better the results you will get.
- What happens after the course ends? Do I lose access to the material?
- Not at all. When you join the course you basically get a lifetime member account, and your access to the members area will not expire. This means you'll be able to refer back to the lessons and other materials whenever you want, and you can also download them if you prefer.
- How much time do I need to have available to follow the course?
- As explained above, you can follow the course at your own pace. That being said, we expect you to have at least a couple of hours available every week. Obviously the more hours you can dedicate to the course and its related activities the better results you will get.
- What is the format of the lessons? Do I need to be online at specific times?
- The lessons are delivered in text format, so you can read them inside our members' area, whenever you prefer. Each module has four text lessons and a list of assigned tasks that you are supposed to complete. Combined the lessons and the assigned tasks will get you moving in the right direction to a freelance writing career.
- What if I have questions about the lessons or other parts of the course?
- Both the instructors, Daniel and Ali, will be available 24/7 via email. You'll be given an email address where you can reach us, and we'll reply to your questions promptly.
- What payment methods are available?
- You can pay with any credit card or with Paypal funds. If you don't have a Paypal account yet you'll need to create one to pay with your credit card, but this should take only a couple of minutes, and it makes the payment process much more secure.