Word of the Day: Burgeon
Burgeon (bûr’jən), which can also be spelt as bourgeon, means to grow, sprout or blossom.
Howard also announced a cash payment of $720 for each adult and $400 for each child who lost their homes — an initial response that was expected to burgeon quickly to millions of dollars in aid. (USAToday.com)
The firm risks stifling potential money-spinners with a burgeoning bureaucracy. (Economist.com)
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the Word of the Day category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- Congratulations on or for?
- 20 Rules About Subject-Verb Agreement
- List of 50 Compliments and Nice Things to Say!
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!