Vocabulary Test 2 Answers
1. Befuddle means:
Answer: to confuse
2. Teraflop is a unit to measure the:
Answer: speed of a computer system
3. The Gothic architectural style was present in ___________________ until the 15th century.
Answer: Western Europe
4. When you trudge, you walk:
5. Lara was an effusive teenager. She always expressed her emotions ____________ .
6. Flabbergast means to overwhelm with:
7. I couldn’t understand the problem, it was really _______ .
8. A stigma is a mark of:
9. Anachronism is:
Answer: the placing of a person or thing out of its historical time
10. A knack is:
Answer: a specific talent or ability.
11. She could have used an __________ . There was no need to offend the audience.
12. Under the Marxist theory, Bourgeois is an adjective that refers to:
Answer: people that own property
13. Avatar is:
Answer: a deity that has taken an earthly form
14. Boggle means:
Answer: to hesitate
15. Mary was such a bromide. I never met someone as ______ as her.
16. The resemblance was:
17. A dystopia is:
Answer: a place where people live in misery
18. Bombast is:
Answer: an extravagant speech
19. Zeitgeist is a German term that refers to:
Answer: the trends and characteristics of a period
20. Daunt means:
Answer: to intimidate