Short Story Competition: Send Your 500 Words Story In!
All right folks, it was about time to run a writing competition over here. The first one will be a short story competition. You have until next Sunday (July 20th) to send your story to us via email, on the infoATdailywritingtips.com address.
The competition will be sponsored by WhiteSmoke. It will offer 3 full licenses to the executive edition of its writing software (with a value of $250 each).
The WhiteSmoke Writing Software has the most advanced spelling, punctuation and grammar checkers on the market, as well as a patented style checker to improve your text pieces.
- The deadline for the submission is the 20th of July (midnight). Submissions must be made via email to infoATdailywritingtips.com
- Send your story either in the body of the email, or as a .doc attachment.
- The stories must be in English, original, and must not have been published in the past.
- Your story must have 500 words or fewer. All topics and formats are allowed.
- By taking part on the competition you allow DWT to publish your story online one time. After that we will not hold any publishing rights over the material.
- All the stories will be published here on the following week. Depending on the number of entries we might break them down in batches.
- Once all stories are published, our readers will vote on their favorite ones, and the three stories with the highest number of votes will win the prizes.
Recommended For You
Subscribe to Receive our Articles and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our exercise archives, writing courses, writing jobs and much more!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!
44 Responses to “Short Story Competition: Send Your 500 Words Story In!”
Is this contest still on? Is that last date for submission on 20th July 2011? Please someone throw some light on this.
llHey u called me n I was just letting you no ill be callin u in the moring thanks
do what ever your minds tells you to do because you are all brilliant
i LOVE books! i wsh 2 bee a famous writer 1 day!
i’ve written loads of books, not published because i haven’t tried even though i’d love to get one published, but none of them are really adventure so i’ve started a new one and i’ll try and enter it in the competition. 🙂
it does not let me send it to the email address???? is this the right email address-infoATdailywritingtips.com ?????
when you enter your story by email do you have to put your name and address as well as the story attached ?????
Is there any short story competitions(500 words) for 2010-2011?..and
can it have an age gruop of 8-9….please….
23/10/10 Can you let me know via email what the deadline is for the next short story competition?
i’ll send a lot of stories to you, promiss.
I did it I’m still trying I wrote my first book and have’nt published yet but going to i said what i was goind to do and did it because i but my mind to it and when you but your mind to somthing you sucessfully suceed
I have written many short stories mainly for recreation purposes, one or two are worthwhile, at least I think so. This year (2010) has drawn to the month of September, is there an opportunity to submit, and when?
how 2 take part in online writing competitions?
hi i want be a succesful book writer can you help me