Short Story Competition 2: Send Us Your 1,000 Word Story
All right folks, it is time to run another Short Story Competition. The first one was highly successful with 86 entries and voting rounds that went for almost 2 months.
This time, however, instead of 500 words you will be able to use 1,000. The rest of the rules are the same as you can read below.
- The deadline for the submission is the 4th of January 2009 (midnight). Submissions must be made via email to infoATdailywritingtips.com
- Send your story either in the body of the email, or as a .doc attachment
- The stories must be in English, original, and must not have been published in the past
- Your story must have 1,000 words or fewer. All topics and formats are allowed.
- By taking part on the competition you allow DWT to publish your story online one time. After that we will not hold any publishing rights over the material
- All the stories will be published on the blog in January and February 2009, and voting rounds will take place
- The two stories with the highest number of votes will win the prizes
The competition will be sponsored by WhiteSmoke. It will offer 2 full licenses to the executive edition of its writing software (with a value of $310 each).
If you are interested in offering another prize to this competition in exchange for some exposure, please contact us.
So what are you waiting for? Write on!
Want to improve your English in 5 minutes a day? Click here to subscribe and start receiving our writing tips and exercises via email every day.
Recommended Articles for You
Subscribe to Receive our Articles and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!