Short Story Competition 2: Deadline Is Now January 11
Many readers contacted us asking for an extension on the deadline for the short story competition submissions. Considering we had the holidays in between, we agreed to. The new deadline is January 11, which is this upcoming Sunday.
The first batch of stories will be published next Monday.
- The deadline for the submission is the 11th of January 2009 (midnight EST). Submissions must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your story either in the body of the email, or as a .doc attachment
- The stories must be in English, original, and must not have been published in the past
- Your story must have 1,000 words or fewer. All topics and formats are allowed.
- By taking part on the competition you allow DWT to publish your story online one time. After that we will not hold any publishing rights over the material
- All the stories will be published on the blog in January and February 2009, and voting rounds will take place
- The two stories with the highest number of votes will win the prizes
Want to improve your English in five minutes a day? Get a subscription and start receiving our writing tips and exercises daily!
Keep learning! Browse the Writing Competitions category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- 75 Contronyms (Words with Contradictory Meanings)
- 50 Idioms About Arms, Hands, and Fingers
- 6 Foreign Expressions You Should Know
Stop making those embarrassing mistakes! Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips today!
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!