Short Story Competition 2: Deadline Is Now January 11
Many readers contacted us asking for an extension on the deadline for the short story competition submissions. Considering we had the holidays in between, we agreed to. The new deadline is January 11, which is this upcoming Sunday.
The first batch of stories will be published next Monday.
- The deadline for the submission is the 11th of January 2009 (midnight EST). Submissions must be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send your story either in the body of the email, or as a .doc attachment
- The stories must be in English, original, and must not have been published in the past
- Your story must have 1,000 words or fewer. All topics and formats are allowed.
- By taking part on the competition you allow DWT to publish your story online one time. After that we will not hold any publishing rights over the material
- All the stories will be published on the blog in January and February 2009, and voting rounds will take place
- The two stories with the highest number of votes will win the prizes
Subscribe to Daily Writing Tips and get a free eBook!
- Our weekly newsletter is free (one email per week, on Tuesdays)
- You will improve your English, guaranteed.
- Get our "100 Writing Mistakes to Avoid" eBook free.
Keep learning! Browse the Writing Competitions category, check our popular posts, or choose a related post below:
- 75 Contronyms (Words with Contradictory Meanings)
- 50 Idioms About Arms, Hands, and Fingers
- 6 Foreign Expressions You Should Know