Publishing Horror Stories
Want to know which mistakes to avoid? Here’s a publisher’s perspective. In the latest issue of Publishing Basics, Carolyn Madison reveals some of the errors that make publishers cringe. These include misspellings, poor grammar and punctuation, structural problems, ambiguous messages and inaccurate content.
They have a nice list of the always common misspelled words also:
- Affect or Effect
- Ensure, Insure, or Assure
- It’s or Its
- Two, Too, or To
- Set or Sit
- Then or Than
- There, Their, or They’re
- That, Which, Who, Whom, or Whose
- Like or As if
- Roll or Role
- Quite or Quiet
- Though or Thorough
- Since or Because
- Should of or Should have
- Less or Fewer
- Amount of or Number of
- Over or More than
- Capitol or Capital
Check out the full list of publishing horror stories.
Browse all articles on the Fiction Writing category or check the recommended content for you below:
Improve your English in 5 minutes a day! Subscribe to our Writing Tips and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our archives with 800+ interactive exercises!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!