Happy 4th of July to all the U.S. readers. Below you will find the most popular articles of the past month; check them out if you missed any.
- Nonstandard Usage Detracts from Novel: The English language can certainly be said to be in flux when college professors write such stuff as…
- Using the Active Voice to Strengthen Your Writing: Writing in the active voice means constructing sentences where the subject “acts”.
- Email Etiquette: So, being able to write a professional, business-like email is a crucial skill. Daily Writing Tips has already covered the email subject line, but the body of your message also matters.
- 25+ Pieces of Writing Software You Should Know About: Of course, all you really need in order to write is a notebook and pen. But there are lots of software packages that can make life easier for writers. Whatever you want to be able to do, there’s almost certainly some software out there to help you.
- Pen Names: A reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, uses his real name in his writing for a weekly newspaper, but is considering using a pen name for other work.
- PC Vitals for Every Freelance Writer: If you’ve never experienced the horror of a computer screen turning stark blue and displaying garbled characters while you are working on it, then lucky you.
- Five Ways to Write Faster: Whether you need to clear a backlog of emails, write an important document at work, finish a short story, or do your homework, spending hours staring at a blank screen and struggling to come up with words won’t help.