June 2008 Most Popular Articles
Happy 4th of July to all the U.S. readers. Below you will find the most popular articles of the past month; check them out if you missed any.
- Nonstandard Usage Detracts from Novel: The English language can certainly be said to be in flux when college professors write such stuff as…
- Using the Active Voice to Strengthen Your Writing: Writing in the active voice means constructing sentences where the subject “acts”.
- Email Etiquette: So, being able to write a professional, business-like email is a crucial skill. Daily Writing Tips has already covered the email subject line, but the body of your message also matters.
- 25+ Pieces of Writing Software You Should Know About: Of course, all you really need in order to write is a notebook and pen. But there are lots of software packages that can make life easier for writers. Whatever you want to be able to do, there’s almost certainly some software out there to help you.
- Pen Names: A reader, who wishes to remain anonymous, uses his real name in his writing for a weekly newspaper, but is considering using a pen name for other work.
- PC Vitals for Every Freelance Writer: If you’ve never experienced the horror of a computer screen turning stark blue and displaying garbled characters while you are working on it, then lucky you.
- Five Ways to Write Faster: Whether you need to clear a backlog of emails, write an important document at work, finish a short story, or do your homework, spending hours staring at a blank screen and struggling to come up with words won’t help.
Recommended For You
Subscribe to Receive our Articles and Exercises via Email
- You will improve your English in only 5 minutes per day, guaranteed!
- Subscribers get access to our exercise archives, writing courses, writing jobs and much more!
- You'll also get three bonus ebooks completely free!
3 Responses to “June 2008 Most Popular Articles”
sorry about the typos in the last comment
I don`t know if this really qualifies as a comment but i have ti get it out there, am consummed with this idea that i think its revolutionise internet writing.
The idea is that am hoping through the internet audience participation we would be able to write a book together. The book would be about life experience of different people from different part of the world, having gone through the same lifes up and down even though they live in different places on this planet. By the time we done with this project the book would be the largest ever published book on the internet.
I have already posted on website (indicated above) the first chaapter of the book it only awaits the contribuiton of internet users, that is where your site comes in spread this idea around and be part of it by helping out if you trhink its a great project. I have more details on blog (indicated above).
Francisco Luciano Fernandes
Editors are writers or journalists who cut better words than