Spelling Test Exercise (564)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. I tried to finagle a copy, but the termagant at the front desk was guarding the books like a sentinel.
2. He is gallivanting all over the place, engaged in nefarious acts of skulduggery.
3. One should be circumspect about one’s peccadilloes, or one may suffer a comeuppance.
4. His pusillanimous behavior is matched by his reputation as a flibbertigibbet.
5. After engaging in her hornswoggling antics, she decided to skedaddle.