Spelling Test Exercise (456)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Her desperate attempt to get attention only made her look more ridiculous.
2. I was in ecstasy when I learned that she had survived the fiery crash.
3. It embarrassed John to learn about her mischievous behavior.
4. That must be one of the oldest fluorescent lights in existence.
5. He played a shepherd in a sacrilegious version of the Nativity scene.