Spelling Test Exercise (43)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling (in American English) for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. The population is predominantly indigenous.
2. She considered the image not just irreverent but also sacrilegious.
3. I felt like putting her toddler in a straitjacket, or maybe manacles.
4. We held them to the utmost standards of accountability.
5. Flowers were growing in a dilapidated wheelbarrow full of dirt.