Spelling Test Exercise (408)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Naturally I was distressed when the interfering housekeeper discarded the hat; it was a cherished memento of my unforgettable and life-changing trip to Haiti.
2. My brother’s favorite pastime is scouring neighborhood parks, fields, and construction sites, looking for aluminum cans for recycling.
3. Located in Minnesota, the farm belongs to an eminent archeologist and specializes in breeding miniature horses.
4. When the lightning began, the landscape employees, who had been hired at exorbitant expense, left their mowers in the yard and ran indoors.
5. To Nebuchadnezzar’s astonishment and dismay, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego stood lackadaisical and unharmed in the midst of the fiery furnace.