Pronouns Exercise (399)
Choose the pronoun form that fits the context in each of the examples.
Answers and Explanations
1. After the interview, she told Jack and me what was said.
As the indirect object of the verb "told," the pronoun must take the object form, "me."
2. We boys have decided to go camping this weekend.
As the subject of the verb "have decided," the pronoun takes the subject form, "We."
3. Nobody believes that Alisha and she built that computer by themselves.
The pronoun is part of a compound subject (Alisha and I) and therefore requires the subject form.
4. The professor said, "I’ve made reservations for Megan and me at an expensive restaurant.
The pronoun is part of the compound object of the preposition "for" and therefore requires the object form.
5. The Oscar winning actor declared, "I’m really proud of myself tonight!"
The reflexive form of the pronoun is required when it repeats the subject of a clause.