Pronouns Exercise (393)
Choose the pronoun that fits the context of the following sentences.
Answers and Explanations
1. His older brother and he liked to ride the porpoises.
The subject of the verb "liked" is "His older brother and he."
2. She is trying to get you and me in trouble.
The object form is called for because "me" is the object of the infinitive "to get."
3. We girls like to hang out at the roller skating rink.
The subject form is required because "We" is the subject of "like."
4. The culprits, Harvey and I, were caught at midnight.
The phrase "Harvey and I" is in apposition to the subject "The culprits." For that reason, the subject form "I" is required. The verb is "were caught."
5. The coach will have to decide between you and me.
The object form is required because "me" is the object of the preposition "between."