Spelling Test Exercise (391)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. For some reason, people pay expensive cable fees for the privilege of watching amateurs perform maneuvers for which they have no talent.
2. Excessive punishment was a curse of nineteenth-century education, but the laxity of modern theories has produced undisciplined young people lacking in common courtesy.
3. Although Scotland has chosen to remain a part of the United Kingdom, the Scots possess their own parliament and one of the finest universities in the world.
4. Geoffrey read that novel about the animals who took over the farm, but he never realized that the character of Napoleon referred to Joseph Stalin.
5. My favorite kind of fiction is the cozy mystery, but occasionally, I like to lose myself in a really long historical novel.