Spelling Test Exercise (385)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. The graduate students in neurosurgery arranged to meet in the library to prepare for the examinations in trigeminal neuralgia and the neurobiology of amino acids, peptides and trophic factors.
2. Both the red and the black raspberry species have albino-like pale-yellow natural or horticultural variants, resulting from presence of recessive genes that impede production of anthocyanin pigments.
3. It is easy to embarrass an adolescent because children at this age fear being exposed as personally deficient, lacking in attractiveness, or being judged inadequate in some way.
4. Exhaled air administered mouth-to-mouth, coupled with external chest compressions, was found to create an adequate blood pressure sufficient to resuscitate individuals.
5. When everyone had assembled in the rotunda, the master of ceremonies mounted the dais to introduce the eminent speaker from Raleigh, North Carolina.