Spelling Test Exercise (37)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling (in American English) for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. We reserved two tickets for the orchestra’s concert at the amphitheater.
2. The engineer checked the monitor to make sure the pressure gauge showed no deviation.
3. My niece became increasingly nervous as the day of the nuptials approached.
4. I ostensibly agreed with his interpretation, but I remained skeptical.
5. The manager exercised his prerogative to rescind that section of the perquisites policy.