Spelling Test Exercise (361)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Growing numbers of consumer advocacy groups are arguing about what constitutes legitimate information gathering and data storage.
2. Every aunt and uncle in his mother’s generation enjoyed sufficient longevity to be feted with a ninetieth birthday party at the Brown Derby.
3. The Governor said she wanted a thorough investigation into the alleged accusations of cheating on standardized tests in numerous school districts.
4. A quotation often attributed to Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) has to do with eternal vigilance being the price of liberty, but the words have been traced back to a man named John Philpot Curran.
5. Located above a chapel altar in Rome’s Santa Maria della Vittoria, Bernini’s "The Ecstasy of St. Teresa" represents an episode from the saint as recorded in her spiritual autobiography.