Spelling Test Exercise (319)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. All of the participants at the scientific conference were asked to recount the most humorous experience they could remember from their earliest employment.
2. Bombarded daily by a ubiquitous media intent upon selling products and attitudes, the average citizen is hard-pressed to distinguish propaganda from genuine information.
3. Not only scholars are awarded honorary doctorates, but rock stars like singer Brian Johnson of the group called AC/DC.
4. Most lists of the ten, thirty, or one hundred most glamorous cinema stars invariably place British-born Elizabeth Taylor at or near the pinnacle.
5. The lecturer quoted Einstein’s comment about curiosity being a delicate little plant which, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom.