Spelling Test Exercise (313)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. The story of Cain and Abel in the book of Genesis in the Old Testament is said to be antediluvian because it occurs before the subsequent story of the Great Flood.
2. Many movie plots revolve around a surreptitious liaison between unsuitable partners who, in the throes of emotional irresponsibility disregard social conventions and moral imperatives.
3. The decay of manners and civil discourse illustrates Gresham’s Law, the economic tendency for bad money to drive out good.
4. The human body and brain have incredible resources for self-healing, but unfortunately, the amygdala in the lizard brain regularly interferes with the process.
5. Romalda Spalding, renowned for her work on reading instruction that drew on the neurological discoveries of Samuel Orton, held it as a truth that no learning has taken place unless and until the child learns.