Spelling Test Exercise (301)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. The European tourist and his Sherpa guide stared into the abyss, gazing at the fiery conflagration that was consuming the downed plane.
2. Software engineers invest long hours into designing programs that will be compatible with the greatest number of operating platforms.
3. There is a growing hostility against the government these days, and not merely among the usually disenchanted portion of the population.
4. It’s surprising that so many people feel so strongly about questions of grammar and usage, sometimes to the extent of launching ad hominem attacks on speakers who disagree with them.
5. Some people are so extremely sensitive that the slightest hint of social or political commentary is likely to strike them as controversial and offensive.