Spelling Test Exercise (295)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. My Aunt Thelma learned to play the accordion when she was a girl in a young ladies’ seminary.
2. Although she played the part of a saint in the 1957 film Joan of Arc, Ingrid Bergman was having a clandestine liaison with the film’s director, Victor Fleming.
3. Everyone knows that Robin Hood’s implacable enemy during his career in Sherwood Forest was the malicious Sheriff of Nottingham.
4. Before his miraculous transformation as a result of three midnight visitations by three apparitions, Ebenezer Scrooge was an irascible, grasping, selfish old sinner.
5. Remotely controlled drones seem to have replaced guided missiles as weapons to be feared by beleaguered populations in the 21st century.