Synonyms Exercise (257)
Choose the answer that best provides an alternate word or phrase for the word in boldface.
Answers and Explanations
1. I really wish that you wouldn’t prevaricate when it comes to your grades.
2. Do you think it’s a good idea to imbibe so much coffee at Starbucks?
3. Most of the comedy series on that channel confuse lewd behavior with humor.
Correct: sexually immoral
4. In David Copperfield, the hero’s first wife, Dora, is lachrymose and a bit silly.
Correct: given to tears
5. My globe-trotting aunt has a heterogeneous collection of souvenirs gathered on her travels.
Correct: differing in kind