Spelling Test Exercise (240)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. For your lab work do you express temperature in Fahrenheit or centigrade?
2. The pronunciation of the new grad assistant from Slovakia is frequently difficult to understand, but otherwise she seems to be very knowledgeable in her area of nuclear physics.
3. The nascent industry of 3-D printing holds promise of innovations impossible to foretell at this early stage.
4. Fortunately for Psyche, she had the help of the ants when Venus required her to separate an enormous heap of seeds according to variety.
5. It is a great shame that in American popular culture the words broccoli and grammar have been loaded with such disagreeable connotations that all one has to do is say them to produce disgusted shudders.