Spelling Test Exercise (234)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. We’ve been studying travel brochures and catalogues, thinking we might take a special excursion, perhaps a Caribbean cruise.
2. My colleagues in the legislature and I plan to engage the opposition in a fiery battle during the next legislative session.
3. After strenuous exertions extending over nearly a week with little sleep, the search and rescue teams finally reluctantly called off the search.
4. This is a once-in-a-lifetime occasion so you want to be absolutely certain to mark your calendar for the last week in September.
5. Why do you suppose the adage about curiosity is applied to a cat and not to a dog or some other animal?