Spelling Test Exercise (211)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. You, by now, should understand that words are separate units of consciousness.
2. As a writer you must know something about the history of your language and its word pool.
3. As Mark Twain said, "The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning-bug."
4. If you’re sensitive to words, you can create humor by making up new words.
5. English vocabulary offers a multitude of synonyms that possess subtle shades of meaning.