Spelling Test Exercise (204)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. In the absence of classroom teachers who possess the necessary leadership skills and institutional authority, American education has been taken over by well-funded corporate think tanks.
2. Parents, teachers, and the general public continue to be confused as to the purpose of the public schools because few people seem to agree on the definition of "education."
3. In the world of quickly accessible knowledge on the internet, educators are no longer certain of the sort of information students need to memorize.
4. One reason for the lack of leadership qualities in classroom teachers is the fact that teacher-training programs are designed to produce teachers who do not question their professional superiors.
5. Many of the most effective teachers overcome inadequate college training accidentally, by means of trial and error once they are in the classroom.