Spelling Test Exercise (198)
A word is misspelled in each of the following sentences. Provide the proper spelling for the misspelled word in each one.
Answers and Explanations
1. Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty.
2. Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure.
3. We here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom.
4. Practices of the unscrupulous money changers stand indicted in the court of public opinion, rejected by the hearts and minds of men.
5. There must be an end to a conduct in banking and in business which too often has given to a sacred trust the likeness of callous and selfish wrongdoing.